Investors In People – It’s Gold!
We are absolutely delighted to announce that LSI Architects has this year been accredited with the Gold standard by Investors In People!
As part of the reaccreditation, we were assessed in a number of areas including Business Strategy, Involvement and Empowerment, People Management and Continuous Improvement.
A few of the highlights for us (described as “WOW” areas in the assessment report):
- our clear vision, aims and objectives which are openly communicated and understood by all
- our strong core values are seen by everyone as right for the organisation and guiding our culture
- the importance of social responsibility to us as an organisation and individuals was recognised together with a strong emphasis on sustainability, both in terms of the future of the organisation and in the design of our buildings
- our culture is supportive and open
- managers are seen as good role models and our Partners are well respected and trusted to lead the Practice; and for us most importantly of all,
- people feel fulfilled, valued and believe they have the opportunity to realise their potential and make the most of their talents and everyone interviewed believes LSI is a great place to work!
Partner Rupert Kitchen said “LSI Architects are proud to have been accredited by Investors In People (IIP) for a number of years which recognises us as a good employer. Always ones to challenge the status quo, when our reaccreditation was due this year, we decided to stretch ourselves and aim for “Gold” standard. Receiving IIP gold accreditation is a wonderful accolade for LSI and one we are very proud of.
This does not mean we are complacent however as there are always things we can do better. The great thing about IIP accreditation is that it gives us the opportunity to stand back and reassess our processes; consider how they all fit together and see where things can be improved. Also, having IIP specialists talk to members of the team about how they see things gives a truly objective view – a fresh pair of eyes.“
Katrina Parsons, our HR Manager, said “As HR Manager, I’m incredibly proud to be part of an organisation that is full of so many vibrant and talented people who care passionately not only about the quality of the buildings they design but the impact these have on the lives of those who use these buildings; or as we call it Life Touching Design.”
Partners Trevor Price, David Andrews and Rupert Kitchen and HR Manager Katrina Parsons with the IIP Plaque.