Shrublands Health Centre
- Sole Bay Health Centre
- Shirley Oaks Hospital Ambulatory Care Unit
- Addenbrooke’s EVAR Theatres
- The Alexandra Hospital
- Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital MRI and CT
- Maudsley Hospital Dining Room
- Beccles Hospital ‘Dementia Friendly’ Ward
- Addenbrooke’s Major Trauma Centre
- Beccles Community Health Campus
- Diagnostic and Treatment Centre
- Addenbrooke’s F3 Ward
- Cancer Centre London
- Addenbrooke’s Renal Dialysis
- The Kensington Cancer Centre
- Shrublands Health Centre
- Parkside Hospital Endoscopy
- Southend University Hospital Bereavement Suite
- Addenbrooke’s Dementia Ward
- Central Norwich Eye Clinic
The Shrublands site located on Magdalen Way in Gorleston-on-Sea is a 2.42 Ha, multi-user integrated site consisting of several buildings for both specialised and community use.
Shrublands Health Centre was constructed to rehouse the local GP practice alongside community services (physiotherapy, podiatry, SLT and district nurses) next to an existing Sure Start children’s centre. The building is also designed flexibly to provide capacity for a minor injuries or walk in service should this be required.
A modular solution allowed NHS capital funds to be deployed on a Norfolk County Council site, and provides a flexible medium-term solution where the planners would not have ordinarily allowed a building of this scale. When no longer required here, the building will be removed and reused elsewhere. The building was constructed off site in modular sections,which were delivered in sequence and rapidly lifted into place, minimising disruption and the length of time spent on site.
LSI is currently working on a project incorporating the construction of a new health centre, replacing the existing temporary accommodation on site, as part of the development of the Shrublands Health Campus. The new Health Centre will provide a services for around 18,000 patients, whilst relocating and merging the Falkland Surgery and Gorleston Family Health clinic with the Gorleston Medical Centre.